Full St. Nick's News for February 17, 2024 Dear Friends, On Wednesday, we marked the…
Merry Christmas and (almost) Happy New year!
Thank you so much for joining us on Christmas eve! We had three beautiful services and were blessed by our time together. We pray that those of you traveling and healing from illness, had a blessed Christmas too.
You can see some of the pictures from Christmas Eve below…
I also want to extend a note of thanks for your giving spirit during this time –
Thank you so much for your generosity! I have been speechless and overwhelmed (in the best way) and giving God great thanks for your generosity as we end this calendar year.
Thank you to everyone who has blessed us with giving throughout the year with time, talent and treasure – you have allowed us to expand our offerings and reach out to our neighbors.
Thank you also to everyone who helped celebrate our staff and give them a Christmas gift. Each staff person was given a gift card and a Smores Kit to show our appreciation. You have showered our staff with so much love and kindness – thank you!!! We also appreciate all of the extra goodies – the ornaments, snacks, all the cookies on Christmas eve, and the dinner graciously prepared by Maggie Mae’s and Kathie Jinks. What a delight!
In addition to all of this generosity we have received end of the year giving that has helped exceed our expectations. Throughout this past year, I have said, (time and time again) that “God is in the business of doing the impossible!” And of course, we end the year with God showing us that through St. Nicholas and her people, God is doing and will continue to do mighty things.
If you are wondering what God has been up to –
- God is raising up leaders – in addition to myself, we have 7 paid staff positions (part-time) and countless volunteers who help St. Nick to be a vibrant place of worship, joy and love.
- We have had 7 baptisms since November 2022
- We started a youth group this past year and continue our Wednesday Holy Hangout Formation for kids
- Had tremendous support for all of our workdays
- Built relationships with our neighbors throughout the year with the continuation of Musik in the Park, the addition of our Live Nativity for the Bulverde Tree Lighting, visiting Bulverde Heights Assisted Living, our children gave financially to Bulverde Animal Shelter and St. Jude’s Children’s Ranch, offered gifts to our Bulverde village neighbors, supported Provisions Outreach with monetary assistance, food, and freezer space, and we have opened our kitchen to three catering companies in need of space.
- Started five new ministries including a Prayer Care Group and a Lay Eucharistic Visitor ministry.
- Created and commissioned a Bishop’s Committee to help with leading the church
- Spent countless hours praying together, worshiping together, eating together, and laughing together.
Indeed God is in the business of doing the impossible! God is blessing us with an abundant life full of love for Jesus and one another.
I am looking forward to this new year. Join me on Sunday to pray for God’s guidance and blessing for each and everyone of us as we enter into 2024.
God’s Peace, Love, and Blessings,